Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter workouts!

Hi all!  Karma here -- Your support team coordinator and frequent blogger.  WOW -- what a great turnout we had Saturday.  So far 115 people from across the Magic and Wood River Valleys have signed up for the challenge. This is a wonderful opportunity for all of us to meet new people and meet our personal goals.
Lincoln County Recreation District is now open for extended hours. There was a great turnout today. My neighbor Trenna and I went this morning and had a great time. My personal goal is to get my 5K down by about 15- 20 minutes. I walked on the treadmill this morning and did 1.5 miles in 30 minutes -- and felt great!
I must admit though, I really miss walking outside.  Especially on such a pretty, but awfully cold, day. Last winter I fell on the ice several times and now I find I'm increasingly paranoid about falling.  So I'll stick with the treadmill for as long as I can stand it!
For those of you who don't mind working out in the cold, here are links to a few articles about winter workouts. Hope you find something that helps you as your work your way toward meeting your goals.
Mayo Clinic Article
About.com -- walking in winter weather
Healthline article

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please feel free to post your positive and constructive comments here for moderation. We will post them to the blog ASAP. If you have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Karma Fitzgerald at 308-3185.